Winter Whites






In fashion, wearing white clothing after September has traditionally been discouraged.



To me, in the wintertime, whites are what I search for to decorate the rooms in my home. Whites bring my world back to a sense of serenity – reflecting the calmness of a winter’s landscape.



I love changing things up seasonally. In the springtime – pink reigns – even in my sunny colored kitchen. In the summertime it is blue-white and in the fall it is shades of rust and russet. 



With each of these color changes I had white of various shades to ground – to bring it all together.



God decorates the world in color each season and white appears yearlong.
Is there nothing more tranquil than countryside freshly blanketed with snow?



There seems to be an endless array of shades of white. The depth and the hue of the color can be affected by underlying shades within that white. 



There are yellow-whites, blue-whites, green-whites, grey-whites and so forth.
The possibilities of combinations are endless.



Fashion may or may no longer dictate that white is off limits after Labor Day, but within our home – white is wonderful all year long.





I have several jars filled with shards. Several years ago, homeowners would throw out shards of pottery into their gardens to aerate the soil. Today, they are treasured pieces of history