Preview


Chaos. That is how you can describe my home right now. It is a good thing that I am not hosting Thanksgiving!


I am decorating our home for Christmas -  we will be hosting a party, and I like to decorate as many rooms as possible. This year I am toying with restrained elegance. Usually I go over the top and decorate every horizontal surface, window and door.


Our mantel is usually ladened from end to end. This year, I made
a couple of hurricane lamp style candle holders, I’ll share this with you how I did this tomorrow! I may keep the mantle as it is now – I am thinking of creating something with the word NOEL to hang above the mantel décor.
Back to the table.


I am giving you a sneak peak into a project I am well pleased with. I took a 5’ by 9’ drop cloth, trimmed it to the size of the top of the table and made a dining table slip cover. I am looking for the right trim for the top edges. I couldn’t resist though using it for my
Christmas table décor.


I think the combination of rustic and elegance appeals to me.
I am using my Mary Kay china my Mother-in-Law gave me years back. I think she is very pleased every time I set the table with these dishes!


The red chargers I purchased last year from Dollar General. I love their deep red color. I also purchased the gold charger at Dollar General which is set in the center of the table. The red and green (center table) napkins came from 
Hobby Lobby, a recent 80% off sale! They are wonderfully elegant.
I purchased beaded garlands that I snipped to size to encircle the accordioned napkins.

I love using my Anchor Hocking Forest Green Early American bubble Water Goblets – their deep green goes so well on a Christmas inspired table.
The golden goblets are from Mary Kay – another gift from my Mother-in-Law.
The silverware is W.M. Rogers – Oneida. Someone recognized the pattern, but I didn’t write it down!


The tureen in the center is Johnson Bros.
I am not finished yet, I seem to be distracted going 
from one thing to another this week!
I definitely need my ‘6 most important things to do’ list today!