I have read somewhere that our color choices for our wardrobe can reveal the color choices we are drawn to in decorating our home.
I believe, for me that is a true case.
I love color. I am particularly drawn, however
To the color red.
As I sit here now, I am wearing a read sweater and
The red slip-on flats I typically wear. No matter what
Outfit I may wear, I am most likely to pair it with
red shoes and or a red purse.
To me, red is my neutral.
Even though I have toned down the color of the accessories in most of the rooms in our home, there will always be a touch of red.
In the kitchen,
I have this tiny wreath of cherries above an
Old spice rack with towels and aprons attached.
Above the cabinets, I have my French market basket, my large Ironstone pitcher flanked by two cast-iron roosters
And a swag of apples.
In the dining room,
Well she’s always dressed in red, but even in this room
The accessories tend to contain the color red.


In the family room, all muted in winter tones, there are
Touches of red.



In the green room, where I am planning to make this my as Shabby Chic as I can get with green walls – room, there will
also be touches of red.

Do you find this to be true for you? Does your color preference in your wardrobe reflect the color preferences in your home’s décor?