Thrifting Finds
And a little Crafting on the side



 Last week, I had a meeting and it so happened that I’d pass a local Goodwill, two Habitat Stores and a Flea Market on the way. Soooo, I left a little early and began my rounds. I started at Goodwill and conveniently one of the Habitat stores is just across the street. Then onto the next Habitat store and finishing at the Flea Market near my meeting destination.


Pitchers are one of the first things I look for - especially white pitchers and this one is lovely with roses on the side.


The vase with the silk Peonies caught my eye as soon as I entered the first Habitat store. The creamy urn next to it was found at Goodwill - I look forward to my Peonies blooming that I might create a vignette with the silk arrangement and the real flowers.




Next to the vase with the Peonies were these delicate pitchers. I just love the shape and the cameo design on the side of this one and the detail on the other.




I found this sweet cream pitcher at Goodwill. 


This sweet little Ainsley dish was found at the Habitat Store and I used it to display some of my mystery roses in this post.


Also, I found these two silver trays - all romantic with their aged patina...I am not sure if I'll leave them as they are or embellish them.



And, lastly, I found two sweet valances that will perfectly complement the decor in the Green Room - I am going to make curtains and shades for the very many windows in that room. 


The Creamy Romantic Tabletop decor post

This lovely bowl was found at the Habitat For Humanity Store

I found the table topper and the full-size bed skirt at Goodwill

The crocheted edge of the bedskirt layered over a table slip-cover I made.

I love the basketweave pattern on these plates - I was able to find a set of two at Goodwill. The creamy color goes perfectly with the creamy tabletop decor
and the
Strawberries and Tea post.






What do you like about thrifting?

I like the chance find of something lovely – something that completely draws my heart and attention. This trip amazingly, I found quite a lot of goodies that I’d consider very Shabby Chic and or Romantic Cottage and at very reasonable prices.

To add to the Romantic/Shabby Chic atmosphere in our Green Room, I painted this basket weave pot a cheerful green. I have still a few more things to transform the look to our guest bedroom



Then I glued cottage roses from some fabric I have that I had made slip covers last year for our outdoor furniture. I love how the green and the colors of the flowers echo the decor in the room.