Going Red


I shared earlier my fondness for the color red and how
 I have elements of this color practically in each room.

before

after

Our family room is in the English Country Cottage Style – I have several ‘Cottage Styles’ in different rooms – it was fun looking and the different aspects of several ‘Cottage Styles’.
The family room is where we gather to relax and to spend time together – comfort is key. I am making a few more changes to this room – one in the future will be to transform the two sets of French doors in the family room.

before

after

This bench was acquired several years back at a garage sale. I love the detail in its side and it  serves very well as extra seating when we entertain.

before

after

I have not been fond of the chocolate brown color –
So I decided to go red. I painted a couple chairs in the dining room Anne Sloan Chalk Paint ‘Emperors Silk’ red and loved their outcome. I especially love the fabric I chose for the seating.


I painted three coats of ASCP ‘Emperors Silk’ red paint then stained it with Dark Walnut stain. After it completely dries I plan to apply ASCP clear wax to protect the finish.


I had some fabric left over from recovering the dining room seats and made two pillow slipcovers for two small pillows that go to my grandmother’s couch – it is slipcovered in white in our green room – the Shabby-Romantic Cottage Style room. I have some changes to share with you there very soon!