Pretty in Pink


I am in danger of making this room too girlie – I have been told. I call this room my retreat – here I have my Victoria Magazine collection – books – and some craft items along with collectibles – all in a Romantic-Shabby Chic color tone.


This room could be a surprise to many as it is off our Family room separated by french doors– it was once a screened in patio that was transformed to a room. This room doubles as a spare/guest bedroom too.


I have painted the bed, the cabinet, the shelving. I have added lacy-rosy bed linen and scattered Shabby Chic type accessories throughout.


This wardrobe has had a few different looks.
It was painted blue at first, (no pictures) with a garden trompe l’oliel on the door. The second look was the one before the current change – it was a creamy yellow with green and red accents.



I was going to paint it white – but opted for a soft white-washed pink.
As you can see by the before photo – the drawers were missing their handles. This is the last original one – the others broke – so I kept the drawers slightly ajar to access the contents.


I found these lovely ‘French Lace’ drawer knobs and handles at Home Depot. I like the brushed pewter coloring against the soft pink of the wardrobe.



Yes, I may be in danger of making this room too girly –but, I am very pleased and having a lot of fun in the process.